Tuesday, June 28, 2011

WHY MT. KENYA?

So a couple of people have asked me why I chose Mt. Kenya to climb versus some other mountain in Africa. 


So here's Ten Reasons I'm Climbing Mt. Kenya:
  1. It's in Kenya -- that's where I've been going for three years now
  2. I'm tired of doing safaris -- I need some new African adventures
  3. It's not a technical climb -- and I'm not a technical climber
  4. It's not crowded -- they say there are traffic jams on Kilimanjaro
  5. It only takes 4 days to climb -- I've only got so much vacation time
  6. I don't have to train extensively for it -- those of you who know me well will get this one
  7. They say the view is amazing from the top -- and the bottom and the sides
  8. It's what I could talk my wife into letting me climb -- she reminds me that I'm from Indiana and I have experience climbing hills, not mountains
  9. It's a stepping stone to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro -- which is on my bucket list
  10. It's where the Kikuyu say God lives -- He's on my bucket list to meet, too