Thursday, August 18, 2011

"PUT ME DOWN FOR TWO PENNIES"

One of the cool things about this Climb is that I'm not only seeing God move in my heart, but I see him moving in the hearts of others.  Last night, I received this e-mail from my buddy Steve from church:

"Ned, during the sermon the other week, God told me to sponsor you for an extra penny a foot.  I have been slow to get back to you, but the JVP newsletter prompted me to write to you.  Please put me down for a total of 2 cents per foot and have fun with your climb."
 
It just touched my heart to receive this and made me think about what I've been studying in the Gospel of John this week:
 
"You are my friends if you do what I command (e.g. Love each other as I have loved you 15:12)"
 
John 15:13
 
It's so awesome to have friends that are friends of God, too.  Thanks Steve for being the man God made you.