Thursday, October 6, 2011

FAVORITE FIVE PICS OF THE CLIMB

So the memories of the Climb are so incredible.  But I learned in my study of architecture that "constraint causes creativity"...so here are my five favorite pictures from my time on Mt. Kenya:


#1 - This is my favorite -- it captures the essence, the beauty, the majesty,
the enormity and the farawayness of Mt. Kenya.  I took this picture with
my Blackberry, but the colors and sharpness are awesome.
Vivienne Falls



#2 - Battian at sunrise from my summit of Pt. Lenana
I love the colors of the rocks and clouds,
the darkness and cold of the shadows,
and the light of the white snow and white moon


#3 - well I couldn't not have one of Zach and I at Summit



#4 - this was climbing back down from Summit to Base Camp.
The yellow tents below are like wildflower growing out of the Mt.Kenya rocks.
It also captures both the rawness and the grade of what days 3 and 4 of the Climb.



#5 - my Climb Team!
Naftaly (cook), Zach (guide), me
Josephat (porter)
We all have our Climb "uniform hats" on