Monday, September 5, 2011

FINAL TUNE UP

Well, the last days before leaving to Kenya have arrived.  Had a crisp walk this morning for about 4 miles and 65 degrees after a blazer on Saturday at 98 degrees and about 6 miles.  Not too much to do now other than hope and pray the altitude doesn't get to me.

I've been in contact with Evans at Mt Kenya Guides and it seems all the arrangements are made -- I just hope they show up at 8 am next Monday morning at the HEART Lodge to pick me up on this adventure.

This week I've got to go to Atlantic City for work -- last time I went to Kenya I was in Las Vegas the week before.  Seems a real irony that I leave from where people throw away money left and right to go to a country where they really don't have any money to throw around.  Hope to get a couple of good walks in this week and not fall off the wagon -- hard to do on a business trip though.

For sure I am getting excited about getting on with this Climb finally after months and months of preparation!!!!